verse of the day

Sunday 27 March 2022

The will of God. ( Romans 12 v 1 - 2 )

 Why did our Saviour come?,the answer is very simple ,to do the will of God, like Him, that is what is required of us.As a Christian of long standing I know that  there is what we could call the revealed will of God. That we are meant to be holy,sometimes that can become confused by what people call worldliness they don't always equate.We are called to be witnesses for Jesus,we are called to do good works as an evidence we are saved.I am seeking to make the point that there are things that we know is the will of  God.But there are times we may not know clearly what the will of God is for our lives.Believing that something is Gods will for us, we then pray to that end, and it doesn't happen. My first wife and I went to Bible college believing that we where called to be missionaries,it never happened. My dear wife died of cancer, I prayed that she would be healed ,it did not happen. I had to learn many lessons in my relationship with God ,it was a long process, still on going.I remembering hearing of a man  who believed God was calling him to serve oversea's, he sold everything,he and his family went to the docks  to get on a boat and that the fare would be paid. it wasn't, he had to go back and sort things out. It is only in  looking back on my life do I see more clearly what was God's will,remember the no, is just as much as important as the yes is,when it comes to the will of God,

                                               Thy precious will, O conq'ring  Saviour,

                                                Doth now embrace and compass me;

                                                All discords hushed, my peace a river,

                                                My soul a prisoned bird set free.

                                                     Words Lelia Nayor Morris

No comments: