verse of the day

Saturday 12 March 2022

Learning. ( Psalm 119 v 105)

I remember a way back when I was in primary school the teacher telling the class,that her role was to teach and our role was to learn. I did learn much at school ,to read ,write,and basic maths ,those three  subjects are very important,without them my life would have been poorer.I am indebted to the teachers who taught me, and I praise God that he enabled me to have those tools. Of course teaching doesn't stop when one leaves school,life experiences teach us many things. When one becomes a Christian there are things that you have to unlearn, and things you have to learn.Again looking back at my school days there was a point when I didn't want to be there,as result I really did not learn very much after that.But when I came back to the Lord 57 yrs ago I wanted to learn Gods word, and this has remained with me all my Christian life,I want to grow in knowledge of God's word and to teach people out of that knowledge, to help them on their ongoing Christian life.Learning God's word is vital, to understand the truths in it, and most important putting what we learn into practice.One hopes in all this we glorify the Lord,and become more like Him.

No comments: