verse of the day

Sunday 6 March 2022

More. ( Philippians 1 v 21 )

 I wonder do you ever desire a deeper walk with God ?,what would it mean for us to have a deeper walk with God. I am sure it means hungering and thirsting after righteousness , if we do them the Word of God  says we will be filled ( Matthew 5 v 6). I suppose one could say greater trust,as Brennan Manning wrote,'A trust grounded  in faith and hope,He goes unto to write,'I want a relationship with the Abba of Jesus, who is infinitely compassionate with my brokenness and at the same time an awesome, incomprehensible, and unwieldy Mystery'.   The world make gods after their own image,in other words they become the creator,and if they create an idol out of stone,and if one is made out of stone,it will  have a heart of stone.Jesus our wonderful Saviour, who was God manifest in the flesh,had a heart of compassion,a God who gives us hope when there is no hope ,and gives us  strength in our weaknesses. .Let us remember God is faithful, God can be trusted,and God is love,and what He wants from you and me,is that we reflect Him, and to be faithful ,trusting, and loving.

                                                    'More of Thy presence ,Lord,impart,

                                                     More of Thine image let me bear;

                                                     Erect Thy throne within my heart,

                                                     And reign without a rival there'.

                                                          Words John Newton.

No comments: