verse of the day

Friday 11 March 2022

Honesty. ( 2 Corinthians 12 v 1 - 10)

 A young lady was speaking at the church I attend ,and I was blessed, and the thing that blessed  me was her honesty,and when it comes to life, honesty is the best policy.For most of her life she suffered from anxiety, surly a Christian should not have such a condition.The sad thing about that statement is,it is judgemental and unloving,and it challenges the falseness of people who teach or believe this. It shows a limited understanding  of  Gods word and is also in denial to the realities within the lives of many Christians, William Cowper,Charles Spurgeon, John Calvin, Fanny Crosby,Joni  Eareckson, Paul the apostle. I know people who suffer as a result of childhood abuse,and so I could  go on.We often say there are no perfect churches,we include ourselves in that,yet we judge people who are not perfect in mental or physical health. There are those who believe God will heal everybody,and tell those who are not healed they do not have faith ,and so they  load that person with guilt, pain.and of being inferior..I may touch on this next time ,I will just say this the only time when any of us will be perfect in everyway, will be in Heaven,until them there are many difficulties we will all have to cope with, by Gods grace.I will leave you a verse from the hymn ,'Amazing  Grace', written by John Newton.

                                                    ' Through many dangers,toils, and snares,

                                                      I have already come;

                                                      Tis grace has brought me safe thus far

                                                      And grace will lead me home'

No comments: