verse of the day

Wednesday 30 March 2022

More ( Matthew 4 v 1 - 11 )

' More lovers,more drugs, more flirting,more poker, I wish I'd been naughtier', so read  the article in the magazine of one of our national newspapers.The writer goes unto spell out what that means,the person who wrote this is a female,and is tetraplegic, I suppose one understands why she may have written what she did,as a lady who is wheel chair bound, out of frustration.Her condition came through riding a horse    ,before that she appeared to live a pretty active life. The dear lady does not appear to be a Christian,I am a Christian,it goes without saying I am far from perfect,there are no perfect people,yet it something our dear Saviour says that we should aspire to,to set ones heart on, it should be our goal,( Matthew 5 48 ).The dear lady in her wish list,writes of the thrill of being naughty, she includes in it lust,being sexual deviant which means departing from the usual  or accepted standards, being rude,and taking drugs.She regrets that she did not indulge in these things.She goes unto write ,'Oh yes, I wish I had been more bad',she appears to ignore the misery in those things As long as we are here we will always have wrong thoughts, wrong desires,none of its very nice,none of its good. I continually pray that I may be a better person than I am,my goal is to be like Christ.

                                                                        A prayer.

                                          More purity give me,more strength to overcome;

                                          More freedom from earths stains, more longing for  home;

                                         More fit for the kingdom, more used would I be;

                                         More blessed and holy, more, Saviour, like Thee.

                                                             Words. Philipp Bliss.

                                        

No comments: