verse of the day

Wednesday 9 March 2022

I shall see Him. ( Revelation 1 v 7 )

 In Psalm 17 v 15 we read,'As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness, I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness'.This is King David  speaking, in contrast to the world and their temporary satisfactions, he looks to his eternal state. I think the words of a one time popular song sums it up, regards the here and now,'I can't get no satisfaction'.It appears to me that the world is also crying out for more,and more,and it is never enough.And even if they are satisfied it will not last, for no relationship on earth is permanent it will come to and end. It is so easy for us as Christians to forget that the things that are seen are temporal. King David didn't, nor should we.Martin Luther gave away money that people had given him,so that he would not loose sight of future glory. Verse 17 begins,'As for me ,I will see your face in righteousness'. Peter reminds us as regards Jesus whom we love,we have never seen Him  1Peter 1 v 8, but one day that will all change ,we will see Jesus, yes one day. Not on a cross but on a throne, the veil of time will be lifted,and our eyes will see the great King in His beauty.

                                               Oh the soul thrilling rapture,

                                               When I view His blessed face,

                                                And the lustre of His kindly

                                                beaming eye;

                                                How my full heart will praise Him

                                                for the  mercy, love,and grace,

                                                That prepared for me a mansion in the sky.

                                                            Words W.W.Harris.

No comments: