verse of the day

Monday 21 March 2022

The times they are a changing. ( 2 Timothy 4 v 9 - 18 )

 Suddenly things have changed, there we were, getting on with our lives and covid struck ,then when we seem to be coming out of that, war began in Ukraine,the times they are a changing.One lesson we should never forget is that we live in a changing world, great change comes into all our lives  when disasters strikes,and when death comes,or a multitude of  of other things happen. Change comes at different times slowly or suddenly,they may be for the good,  or they may be for the bad,and they can  leave us devastated. Often we do not understand why certain things happen, but they do affect us and can leave us in a state of anxiety,many people are very anxious  at this time,even fearful,and we can understand this. What is the answer?,what can we do?,Charles Albert Tindley wrote many gospel hymns,the first line of one goes,' The world is one great battlefield',it sure is ,I recently heard that wonderful singer Tennessee Ernie Ford singing one his songs, I hope it will be a blessing to you.

                                                When the storms of life are raging/ Stand by me,

                                                When the storms of life are raging/ Sand by me

                                                When the world is tossing me,like a ship upon the seas,

                                                 Thou who rulest  wind and water,/Stand by me.

                                                 In the midst of tribulation/ Stand by me

                                                 In the midst of tribulation /Stand by me.

                                                 When the hosts of hell assail,and my strength begins to fail,

                                                  Thou who never lost a battle/ Stand by me.




No comments: