verse of the day

Thursday 3 March 2022

A searching question. ( 1 Peter 5 v 7 )

I mentioned recently about a storm of  one's  own making,now lets consider another storm,we read about it in Mark 4 v 35 - 41,Jesus had been ministering to the multitudes,when He had finished, He told the disciple,to get into a boat to go to the other side .Easy  peasy, plain sailing,he would be with them, nothing could  go wrong..I wonder is that what you thing?.Well I am afraid you are going to be disappointed, for a big storm that threatened to swamp the boat, and to the disciples it looked like they where going to drown and what made it worse,Jesus was asleep,so they go to Him in their panic,and wake Him up. and say to Him,''Teacher, don't you care that we are going to drown?.Im sure that many people think like that when they are in the storms of life ,do you?.Today I listened to a  recording of a 102 yr old man ,called George Bev Shea,and a much younger man singing  a lovely old song,and it touched my heart,I think it answers the question,does Jesus care when we are in the storms of life,it was written by Frank  E. Graeff.

                                                     Does Jesus care when my heart is pained

                                                     Too deeply for mirth or song?

                                                     As the burdens press, and the cares distress,

                                                     And the way grows weary and long?

                                                     Does Jesus care when my way is dark

                                                     With a nameless dread and fear?

                                                     As the daylight fades into deep night shades

                                                     Does He care enough to be near?

                                                     Oh yes He cares, I know He cares

                                                     His heart is touched with my grief;

                                                    When the days are weary, and the long nights dreary,

                                                     I know my Saviour cares.



























No comments: