verse of the day

Saturday 19 March 2022

Do you need rest? ( Psalm 62 )

 I would like to share a few thoughts from Psalm 62, a Psalm by David,he had so much to contend with in his life, serious things,and the Psalm reflects this. In this Psalm he speaks of those who are tying  to pull him down, he describes them as liars,outwardly they give the impression that they are for David,but inwardly they hate him.In verse 9 he reminds us that the wicked will soon be gone,and in v10 for us not to be like them.The Psalm starts with these words ,'Truly my soul finds rest in God', consider the world we live in,Isaiah 57 v 20,'The wicked are like the tossing sea which cannot rest',surly these words sum up this world ,a world that does not know where its going,and were to find peace. I wonder would that describe you?,well there is an answer,listen to the words of Jesus.''Come to Me, all you are weary and burdened,and I will give you rest''.He follows that up in v5 ''Yes my soul finds rest in God;my hope comes from God''.We  will look at this Psalm next time,I will leave you with a verse of a hymn by Charles Wesley.

                                                      'I rest in Thine almighty power;

                                                      The name of Jesus is a tower

                                                      That hides my life above;

                                                      Thou canst,Thou wilt, my helper be;

                                                       My confidence is all in Thee,

                                                       The faithful God of love.

















                                                   

                                               

No comments: