verse of the day

Wednesday 18 October 2017

My holiday [ Nehemiah 5 v 14 - 19 )



                  Continuing events on my holiday in Malta , we were in
                  the capital, Valletta, I noticed a plaque on a wall with the
                  following words on it, 'Integrity  generates confidence, '
                  This is the motto of  Malta's stock exchange, if only that
                  was true in many countries of their stock exchanges and
                  banks, if only. But alas it is not so ,evidenced by the last
                  recession, we have passed through. If only it was the motto
                  of all of us, what does integrity mean ?. Here are some
                  definitions, 'honesty, on holiday I bought something, and
                  gave the assistant what I thought was 10 euros,  he pointed
                  out that I had given him 50,he was being honest. Another
                  meaning for integrity is, 'good character', am I known as
                  person of good character ?.Here are a list of other meanings
                  'Moral , virtuous , decent , fair, sincere, truthful, trust-
                  worthy'. May that motto of Malta's stock exchange, be our
                  motto.

                                  Jesus said without me you can
                                  do nothing.
                                          ( John 15 v 5 )

No comments: