verse of the day

Friday 27 October 2017

Have Thine own way Lord. ( Isaiah 64 v 8 )


                      I did not choose the body I have , God did, (  Isaiah 44 v 2 ),I did not choose the
                      parents ,I had ,God  did, I did not choose the land I was born in, God did.You  may
                      look at what I am declaring,and  find it hard to accept. I do not have all the answers
                      as to Gods ways,I cannot answer all the whys in your life and mine. But what I am
                      called to do is to understand ,that we are not Gods plaything , He knows what
                      He is doing , I am 73 and as I look back  I know God  is silent about many things,
                      yet I can see by faith Gods providence. And the safest attitude is that of trust and
                      confidence , people are challenged  to believe in God ,what does that mean to you.
                      It is more than words or intellectual ascent. It implies wholehearted trust ,that steps
                      into the unknown , and follows Him who said follow Me. We used to play a little
                      game called follow the leader , our leader is Jesus that is whom I am following .He
                      brought into being with my own peculiar  personality ,  to fulfil His will through
                      me. we  may think that we are of no  consequence, but we are to Him, and that is
                      what counts.Whatever God has placed in your heart ,seek to fulfil it ,and do it.
                      Adelade  Pollard an American lady was feeling  very discouraged,and she attended
                      a prayer meeting,and heard a lady pray,''Lord , it really does not matter what you do
                      with us,just have your own way''.She went on to write the following.

                                                  Have Thine own way Lord,have Thine
                                                  Thou art the potter, I am the clay;
                                                   Thou art the potter, I am the clay;
                                                   mould me and make me after Thine will
                                                   while I am waiting yielded and still.
                                                 
                   

                                               

No comments: