verse of the day

Sunday 5 June 2016

Toad the backslider. [Luke 15 v11-32 ]

One of my favourite books is Kenneth Grahams, Wind and the Willows,its a lovely story,with all its different characters.Mole,Ratty,Badger,and dear old Toad of Toad Hall.Now Toad was an creature of means,he was vain and was taken up with the latest craze,until he got tired of it,one thing after another.The thing that really got a hold of him was the motor car, the moment he saw one he fell in love with it.Unfortunately he kept crashing
his cars,so he just kept buying more.His  three friends,Mole ,Ratty ,and Badger,felt they should do something to help him,to break his reckless behaviour.But for all their efforts Toad refuses to change,and it is dear old
Badger who declares him a backslider.What is a backslider?,well it is best
seen in the history of Israel,they sinned,God would forgive them and restore then,only for them to go back to their old sinful ways.Early on in my Christian life as a child I was like that,a backslider.Well the good news is
that Toad did come to point when he ceased his backsliding ways.So it is
was with me I stopped my backsliding ways,God forgave me and restored me,no matter how far you have wandered away from God,He is merciful and can restore you,He still loves you.
                                      A  prayer.
Dear God forgive our backsliding ways,and restore us to yourself,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: