verse of the day

Saturday 25 June 2016

Faith is refusing. Matthew 6 v34

Let us continue on at what D.Martyn Lloyd- Jones,and what he had to say about worry and its causes and cure./A large part of faith,especially in this connection,consists of just refusing anxious thoughts. That to me is perhaps
the most important and the most practical think of all. Faith means refusing to think about worrying things,refusing to think of the future in a wrong sense. The devil and all adverse circumstances will do their utmost to make
me do so,but having faith means that I shall say:'No;I refuse to be worried.
I have done my reasonable service;I have done what I believed to be right
and legitimate,and beyond that Iwill not think at all. That is faith,and it is
particularly with regard to the future. When the comes with his insinuations
injecting them into you- all the fiery darts of the evil one- say,'No; I am not
interested.The God whom I am trusting for today,I will trust for tomorrow.I refuse to listen; I will not think your thoughts.Faith is refusing to be burdened because we have cast our burden upon the Lord/
                              A prayer,words by D,Martyn Lloyd-Jones.
Dear Lord in your infinite grace,give us wisdom and grace to implement these simple principles,and thereby rejoice in you day by day Amen.

No comments: