verse of the day

Monday 20 June 2016

I apologize .[ Revelation 5 v 1ff ]

A lady was attending a coffee morning , watching a DVD depicting our Lords suffering,and she started to cry,and she apologized for crying ,the person leading the coffee morning replied,I should apologize for not crying.
 I confess I rarely weep  as I read or hear of His suffering,have I become to
firmilar with sacred happenings?When I read scriptures like Isaiah 52 v14
''As many were astonished at thee;his  visage was so marred more than any
man,and his form more than the sons of men''or the suffering recorded
in Psalm 22.I must confess I would not have wished to view my Saviours suffering.The physical suffering that He endured was awful,but that was only part of it,that other part I cannot even begin to imagine,for we read in
''We had all strayed like sheep, each of us had gone his own way; but the Lord laid upon him the guilt of us all''[Isaiah 53 v6/ he bore the  sin of manyv12]Gods holy justice had to be satisfied,in order that we might be saved, so Jesus endured the wrath of God for sin,in order that we may
not experience it, no wonder that lady cried.
                                          
                                 Wounded for me,wounded for me,
                                 There on the cross He was wounded for me;
                                 Gone my transgressions and now I am free,
                                 All because Jesus was wounded for me.
                                        [ Words by G.W.R.]

No comments: