verse of the day

Saturday 11 June 2016

Immanuel's Land. [ Hebrews 11 v 8- 16]

A.R.Cousin wrote a lovely hymn called ,'The sands of time are sinking',the
theme of the hymn,is of the child of God,coming to the end life.He reflects on life,of his relationship with his Lord,He speaks of Gods mercy,and love
admidst the sorrows of life.He speaks of that day when in Heaven,he will bless the hand that guided,bless the heart that planned.As I read those words I look back with graditude and thankfulness,how my Saviour guided and planned for me.He then moves on to that moment when he enters heaven, how his one desire is to look upon Jesus.He writes,''I will not gaze on glory,but on my King of grace,not on the crown He gifteth,but on His pierced hands.
The hymn finishes with the following verse.
                                      
                                I've wrestled on towards heaven,
                                Gainst storm,and wind, and tide;
                                Now like a weary trav'ller
                                That leaneth on His guide;
                                Amid the shades of  evening,
                                While sinks life's lingering sand.
                                I hail the glory dawning
                                In Immanuel's land.

No comments: