verse of the day

Tuesday 7 June 2016

I know . [ Revelation 21 v1-5]

There was a popular song years ago,with words like ,''I know where I am going'',I believe that one  of the wonderful things about being a Christian is,we know where we are going.As a Christian I have the assurance of a wonderful,which even death cannot destroy.Look out on this world,where
is it going?,in the words of Ecclesiastes is it all ,meaningless[2 v26] The fact is evident,that the world is not going to change,wars and more wars will continue,who knows where it will lead.But again for the Christian it is not all doom and gloom,for as John Stott, writes,''History is neither meaningless nor purposeless,it is moving towards a glorious goal''.In Ephesians 1 v 9-10,
we read that God has a plan for the fullness of time,when as JS, writes of ''that time,when time merges into eternity again,and to unite all things in him[Christ],things in heaven and earth.''He goes on to write,''In the fullness
of time,Gods two creations,his whole universe ,and his whole church,will be united under the cosmic Christ,who is the supreme  head of both''As a
Christian I know where I am going,do you?.
                                              A  prayer.
Dear we praise you that because of Jesus your son the future is truly
glorious ,we do know where we are going.Amen

No comments: