verse of the day

Monday 27 June 2016

Are you rich? [ 2 Corinthians 8 v9 ]

Billy Graham tells how he and his wife Ruth,were invited to the home of  one of the wealthiest men in the world.The man was seventy-five years old,
and as they sat at a meal,the man was closes to tears.I am the most miserable man in the world,he said.''Out there is my yacht,I can go anywhere I want to,I have my private plane,my helicopter.I have everything
I want to make me happy,and yet I'm miserable as hell''Billy  and Ruth,
spoke,and prayed with him,sought to point him to Christ,who alone gives
lasting meaning to life.Later in the day a local Baptist pastor,an English man,aged seventy five,he was a very enthusiastic Christian and had a deep love for Christ,he spent most of his free time taking care of his two invalid sisters.''I don't have two pounds to my name,'' he said,but I'm the happiest man on this Island''.''Who do you think is the richer man?'' Billy asked Ruth
who do you think is the richer man?'' ,we both knew the answer.
                                        A  prayer.
Dear God help us not to be hoodwinked into thinking that the meaning to life,is in things,or whatever takes our fancy,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: