verse of the day

Thursday 16 June 2016

He's my friend. [ John 15 v 15 ]

I have been involved with a Christian brother,who has Parkinson,recently my wife has also become involved,she is a very qualified care worker.The brother had to go into hospital,and it appears he has blood leaking into his
brain.My wife was asked to go and feed him,and this she did,and stayed with him until his wife came.During my wife's visit I spoke to her on the phone,and then she handed the phone to him,so I could speak to him.When my  wife came home she mentioned that the dear brother,said,'that's my friend'.I  must confess,  that touched me,that he considered me his friend .
Friendship is a very precious thing,and I will always treasure what that dear brother said,that I was his friend.I have a number of friends,,and of course I value their friendship,but the most wonderful friend I have is Jesus.Imagine
the King of Kings is my friend ,imagine the one who created all things is my friend,but let us not stop there ,He can be your friend also,just as he is mine,In Proverbs we read of a wonderful quality in friendship,''A friend loves at all times[17 v17],that's Jesus,then we read,'there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother,[18 v24],yes that's Jesus,He can be your friend.
In  John 15 ,we read,''Greater love hath no man than this,that a man lay down his life for his friends.[v13]Jesus showed that love and more,when He died on Calvary, but in that death on that cross,He died that those who were his enemies,you and me,might become His friends.[Romans 5 v10]
                                       A prayer.
Dear God,open our eyes to the wonders of your love ,for sinners such as us,we who are ungodly,we who are your enemy,can be forgiven and can
be made friends of Jesus Amen.
,

No comments: