verse of the day

Friday 13 May 2016

Well do you?. [ Philippians 3 v 8 ]

Jesus asked Peter, these challenging words, ' do you truly love me more than these?'.We like Peter have many things that we love,today Jesus asks us all the question,'do you love me more than these?',what will our answer be?.I cannot go ,I cannot give,why should I?,I am to old,what about my wife and children?,my marriage is to difficult,I have no time,why me?why not
,that other person?.It will only mean heartache and pain,who wants that,my
plans have already been made,I would be a fool,or seen as fool.I did not work and sacrifice to give it all up,for that which I cannot see.So it goes on,and on,our protesting,our reasoning,our resentment,but still the words of
Jesus come,words we would rather not hear,'do you truly love me more than
these?.'
                                When I survey the wondrous cross
                                On which the Prince of glory died,
                                 My richest gain I count but loss,
                                And pour contempt on all my pride.
                     
                                 Forbid it, Lord,that I should boast
                                 Save in the cross of Christ my God;
                                 All the vain things that charm me most,
                                 I sacrifice them to His blood.

                                 See from His head, His hands,His feet,
                                 Sorrow and love flow mingled down;
                                 Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
                                 Or thorns compose so rich a crown?.

                                 Were the whole realm of nature mine,
                                 That were an offering far to small;
                                 Love so amazing, so divine,
                                 Demands my soul, my life ,my all.
                                    [ Words by Isaac Watts]
                                     

                               
                   

No comments: