verse of the day

Friday 27 May 2016

The gift of life. [ Acts 17 v26-31]

There used to be a popular song,many years ago,it went ,'You need hands',I
was struck with something,I read in a magazine,written by a lady called Melanie Reid.She is tetraplegic,after she broke her back in a riding accident.
She wrote about her ,physical condition,how gradually things have become a bit better,here is what she wrote,''Nothing pins down the New Normal
better than my hands. Ah how to describe them?.The things on the end of your arms''.She goes unto write how gradually she has regained the use of her hands,and the wonder of being able to do even simple things,like opening a tube of toothpaste,turning the pages of a book,it is a lovely positive article.She ends her article by saying.''However constrained my movement,I'm profoundly grateful that my body can still somehow express
exasperation,warmth,emphasis,a silly story-and I can say,I'm alive''.There are a number of things I could say about this lady,her gratitude that she is alive, even  it is a struggle,life is a precious gift from ,even though it may mean we struggle,so today let us thank God for the gift of life,
                                      A  prayer.
Dear God thank you for the gift of life,that in you we live and move and have our being,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: