verse of the day

Thursday 26 May 2016

Making decisions. [ Acts 16 v 30-31 ]

I received through the post a ballot card,on the 23rd, the country is going to vote,as to our membership of the EU.This is  very important ,our Prime Minister, has said it is more important than a  general election.The only thing is ,many people do not know which way to vote,I suppose ,the fact that it is so important,people are a bit concerned,that if they vote to leave, what will the result mean.In the light of this I am glad that God is sovereign,
and in the end He will have the final say.Life is full of decisions ,some unimportant ,marginally important,very important.I am reminded of a time in Israels history when things where so very bad spiritually,most of the people had forsaken God.But one man stood out, his name was Elijah, God choose him to challenge the nation,his life and ministry is very instructive 
but it brought with it dangerous consequences.In 1 Kings 18 we read of him standing alone,in front of  an ungodly king,false prophets,and the people of Israel.Here is what he said to them,''How long will you waver between to
opinions?. If the Lord is God,follow him;but if Baal is God follow him''.Things have not changed we are still faced with a choice,and it comes from Jesus,who says follow me.False gods there are in plenty,false ways there are in plenty,false people there are in plenty.Yet today, He who is the way the truth and the life,stands before us and says follow me,I know the
seriousness of making the wrong decision,do you?. Over 52 years ago I said yes to Jesus,that decision transformed my life,and saved me from wrath to come.

                          O happy day, that fixed my choice,
                          On Thee,my Saviour and my God,
                                      [P.Doddridge]

                                   

No comments: