verse of the day

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Books. [ Isaiah 53]

I love reading,when people tell me they are not readers ,I find it hard to take it in,and would love them to enjoy the world of books.I always liked reading,I am not a fast reader,some books I gave up on,but I have read many books,not as many as some.Reading can enhance ones life.Reading
will not make you a better person,Stalin was obsessed with reading.but it can gave one much enjoyment.As a minister I believe reading is invaluable,of course the book that I have read the most is the Bible.It is important to read the Bible ,but it is important to  understand the Bible,and of course many people who read the scriptures,have never trusted the Christ of the scriptures.The Jews had the scriptures what we call the old testament,or old covenant,and though Christ pointed out those scriptures, that spoke of Him and His sacrificial death they refused to accept Him,and in doing so they fulfilled what was written by the prophet Isaiah 53,which speaks of the one who would be despised and rejected of men.The supreme message of the Bible is Christ,a Christ who was both God and man,and a Christ who died on a cross to save us.
                                              A prayer.
Dear God we thank you for your word,that is able to make us wise unto salvation,Amen

No comments: