verse of the day

Monday 30 May 2016

No half finished work. [ Jude 34 ]

Often I despair at my failure to be the man I should be,but I do not despair
as regards my loving heavenly Father.Now I am not saying that I see Him as an indulgent father,no,but I do believe that by His grace I am a better man than I used to be.I do not necessary see the change,but His sanctifying grace has not been a total failure,nor will it ever be,and I know that He will never give up on me and cast me aside.I take great encouragement from Gods word,which tells us,that God who has began a good work in me,will
carry it on to completion.[Philippians 1 v6].The one who has saved me from judgement will by his grace save me from myself,He will perfect that which concerneth me.[Psalm 138v8.AV]as Spurgeon wrote,''God will not leave off
till he has finished''.
                          
                               The work which his goodness began,
                               The arm of His strength will complete;
                                His promise is yea and Amen,
                                And never was forfeited yet.

No comments: