verse of the day

Sunday 15 May 2016

Remember who you are.[ 1 John 3 v 1-3 ]

It is John Stott who writes the following,''On 28May 1972 the Duke of Windsor,the uncrowned King Edward 8th,died in Paris.The same evening a TV programme rehearsed the main events of his life.Extracts from earlier films were shown,in which he answered questions about his upbringing, brief reign and abdication.Recalling his boyhood as Prince of Wales,he said; 'My father[ King George V] was a strict disciplinarian. Sometimes when I  had done something wrong, he would admonish me saying,'' My dear boy,
you must always remember who you are''.John Stott goes unto to write, 'It is
my conviction that our heavenly Father says the same to us every day; 'My
dear child,you must always remember who you are'
                                           A prayer.
Dear loving heavenly Father,help us to remember that we are your children,
so that we may not bring dishonour to your name,in Jesus name we ask this Amen.

No comments: