verse of the day

Monday 23 May 2016

I feel weak [ Hebrews 12 v 1-2 ]

Sometimes I feel tired,like now,I suppose there are a number of reasons,the main one being my age.I am also get up early each day, and I do a bit of physical work.I am tired,of course there is a tiredness of spirit,when things
just pull you down.Often the answer is rest,so I may for a change go to bed early,I may.read a little before I do that. Samson was a man who manifested
great spiritual strength,yet experienced times of great weakness,Samson was raised up  by God to defeat the Philistines, when he was faced with them we read that the Spirit of the Lord came upon him[Judges 15 v19]When he sinned,he became  weak,sin weakens ,if there is sin in our lives it will effect us.  Here is the word of Lord to all of us,/  Let us throw of  everything that hinders, and the sin that easily entangles, and let us run with
perseverance the race marked out for us./That is the first thing we should do, and the next thing is,/Let us fix our eyes our eyes on Jesus,the author and perfecter of our faith.[Hebrews 12 v1 -2]
                                         A prayer.
                   
                          Search me, O God,and know my heart,
                          test me and know my anxious thoughts.
                          See if there is any offensive way in me,
                          and lead me in the way everlasting.
                                               Amen.
                                   [Words from Psalm 139]






























/

No comments: