verse of the day

Friday 6 May 2016

Distorting History. [ John 1 v1-5 ]

I recently purchased a book on the history of the Roman empire,and was
a bit confused,in the way the author dated events.Instead of the usual,BC
,before Christ,or AD,in the year of our Lord,we have the letters BCE,and CE.I had not a clue as to what they meant.I ask my son John about it,and he explained ,that BCE,means ,Before common era,and CE,means,Common era.It appears that this is the new political correct usage,I must confess I
was a bit annoyed,dropping the words BC, and Ad,but I suppose I should not be surprised,it is a sign of the times when Political correctness is
the in thing,BC/AD,are considered,terms that might offend ,even though they are the historical terms terms that that have always been in use,because in terms of world history,they are important.It appears to me that the historical reality of  Christianity is being expunged out,being  removed as something undesirable.As humanity continues to deny God as creator and replace Him with their god of evolution,the darkness appears to be gaining
control.I like the NLT translation of John 1 v5,which reads,'The light shines in the darkness,and the darkness can never extinguish it.'Irrespective of those who distort history,Christ came,and through His life,death and resurrection,will continue to ,to transform the lives of people on planet earth.
                                       A  prayer.
Dear God we thank that we have your truth,and that no matter if so called historians distort the truth,the darkness shall not extinguish the light,even
Jesus who is the light of the world Amen.

No comments: