verse of the day

Saturday 14 May 2016

Happy birthday, Sir David Attenborough. [ Psalm 19 v 1-6 ]

Sir David Attenborough has just turned ninety,in case you do not know he is a world famous naturalist.He has made many program's for TV,which have
been shown over all the world.He is much loved and appreciated,and to celebrate his birthday he appeared on a special TV programme,with a studio audience,a number of people appeared on the programme,others from around the world were shown,one being Prince William,all spoke highly
of Sir David.I enjoyed the programme,but when it was over,I thought that the one who should have been honoured,never got a mention.No it was all
about Sir David,the creature,not the creator,it's like He does not exist.Of course for many people,including Sir David ,He doesn't.Now of course I am not as educated as him,he was educated at Cambridge University,I am not a qualified naturalist.I suppose I am a silly Billy,who cannot accept the just happened theory,but then this is nothing new, CP, Romans 1 v19ff.I suppose I agree with old Paul Robeson song,which went, ''Only God can make a tree''.It appears to me that Sir David,and his follows reject that God created all things, as not being rational,and yet go on to accept the totally
irrational,of a god called evolution.
                                  
                        I think that I shall never see,
                        A poem lovely as a tree.

                        A tree whose hungry mouth is prest,
                        Against the earth's sweet flowing breast.

                        A tree that looks out God all day,
                        And lifts his leafy arms to pray.

                        A tree that may in summer wear,
                        A nest of robins in her hair.

                        Upon whose boson snow has lain,
                        Who intimately lives with rain.

                        Poem's are made by fools like me,
                        But only God can make a tree.
                           [Words by Joyce Kilmer ]

No comments: