verse of the day

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Evidence.. [ Matthew 5 v16 ]

I found myself singing an old gospel song this morning,I cannot remember
who wrote it,it goes .
                                   ''Each day I'll do a golden deed .
                                   By helping those who are in need,
                                   My life on earth is but a span,
                                   And  so I'll do the best I can''
The story is told of soldiers who broke into a monastery,demanding of the Abbott to give up their money and jewels,the Abbott took them to a room wherein lay the sick.The Abbott pointed to them and said these are our riches,these are our jewels.We rejoice that we are not saved by our good works,but the evidence that we are saved is shown by those good works we do,[James 2 v18].We often pray for the Lord to guide us as to what we should do,well we read in Ephesians 2 v10. ''For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them''.
                                           A prayer.
Dear God we thank and praise you that we are not saved by what we do,but
what you did through Jesus your son.We ask that you will help us to show by good works,the reality of our relationship with you,in Jesus name we ask this Amen

No comments: