verse of the day

Sunday 8 May 2016

Run as if your very life depended on it. [1 Corinthians 3 v10-15]

I love sport and one thing sport throws up is what we call an underdog,who surprises everyone by winning,now I do advocate gambling,but the bookies
were giving odds of  five thousand to one,of a certain team winning the
Premier league. To everyone's surprise they did just that,of course I am writing of a football team, Leicester City.Now on the run up to winning, I read these words being attribute to their achievement,'eternal glory. I thought of what the apostle Paul wrote of those who won  events,'they  do it to win a prize that will fade away'[1Corinthians 9 v25]Now I do not want to take away from what that team did,but I can assure you it is nothing to do with eternal glory.The apostle compared the Christian life as to a race ,and reminds us that we will receive an eternal prize',now the Christian cannot merit salvation,but the apostle stresses,that as Christian we should see what is absolutely important,eternal values,eternal rewards[1 Corinthians 3 v10- 15 ]
                                      A  prayer.
Dear God ......O let me feel Thee near me,
                       The world is ever near;
                       I see the sights that dazzle,
                       The tempting sounds I hear;
                        My foes are ever near me,
                        Around me and within;
                        But Jesus,draw thou nearer,
                        And shield my soul from sin.
                                        Amen.
                              [Words by John. E. Bode ]

              

No comments: