verse of the day

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Unconditional surrender [ Romans 12 v1-2 ]

I  wonder would the war against the Nazis have ended sooner if the allies had not insisted upon unconditional surrender?. We will never know,I personally believe, unconditional surrender was the only option ,it meant
that the Nazis would not be resurrected.Unconditional surrender means you have no bargaining power,one would have to except whatever terms that was offered. If one is to be saved ,it is important, to realise there is no bargaining with God,we must come to Him on His terms,in fact you are
declaring that you are dying to self. This does not only apply to when one comes to Christ it applies throughout ones Christian life,as Paul declared,
I  die daily[ 1  Corinthians 15 v 31.] I was aware of this recently when we
sung an old hymn at our church,titled ,/I surrender all/.it is so easy to sing the words,but not really take in what they mean.I surrender all,Abraham ,
said God,take now thy so,thine only son,whom thy lovest......and offer him
...for a burnt offering.[Genesis 22v2 ].I surrender all ,what if he asks me to,
well you can fill in the rest,but that's the choice as Christians we have to make. As a Christian I have no bargaining power with God,all I can do
is obey,better to surrender than live in rebellion against God.
                                           A prayer.
Dear God help us to stop bargaining with You, and help to mean what we say or sing ,in Jesus name Amen .

No comments: