verse of the day

Saturday 20 June 2015

Hurry Lord [Psalm 70]

I know from experience that often we have to wait on God answering our
prayers,often we are reminded that God will answer according to His time table.Waiting patiently upon God is an important exercise in our spiritual development,but that does not mean that we will always have to wait,years for God to answer. There are situations  when we need an answer now,such was the prayer of David in Psalm 70, verse one reads ,/Hasten O
God,to save me;O Lord come quickly to help me/and he ends his prayer with similar words ,verse 5 reads,/Here I am poor and needy, come quickly
to me,O God. You are my help and my deliverer,O Lord,do not delay/
M . Henry,comments on Isaiah 65v24 which reads, /And it shall come to pass,that  before they call , I will answer,and while they are yet speaking I will hear./'God will anticipate our prayer,with the blessings of goodness before the prodigal arrived home the Father ran to meet him'. So if  you like the Psalmist are facing an immediate crises,pray with the Psalmist,/O Lord come quickly to help me/,pray it in faith .
                                            A  prayer.
Dear Father God, come to the aid speedily of your children whose needs
and circumstances need your urgent help,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: