verse of the day

Thursday 4 June 2015

Friendship is important. [ Proverbs 17 v17 ]

Friendship is important we all need friends, in Proverbs 17 v17,we read,/A  friend loveth at all times/.I remember a lady I worked with how important friends where to her,yet one day I heard her and her friend having a 
disagreement,and that was the end of that friendship. In Psalm41 the writer,
David ,speaks of one was a close friend,turning against him.[v9],these words applied to David ,but also to our Lord[cp John 13v18].Judas who was one the 12 disciples ,one of His friends,turned against Him,and for 30 pieces of silver ,betrayed Him,this resulted in Him being arrested,and crucified. Friendship is very important ,I am reminded that God has granted me a wife who is my friend,I value that friendship,she can criticise,and remind me when I am in the wrong,she also advises me,cautions me,and above all else she loves me.In Proverbs 18v 22,we read, /He that finds a wife finds what is good and receives favour from the Lord/. If you are married treasure that relationship,pray about it,do not betray it,be faithful,
and above all else love the one God has brought into your life.
                                    A  prayer.
Dear God help us to value friendship,Your friendship,and those friends
 you have brought into our lives,especially the one we are married to,in Jesus name who is our Saviour and friend, we ask this. Amen .

No comments: