verse of the day

Monday 15 June 2015

They bite [Romans 6 v23 ]

 Two plants I did not want,the cactus and roses,I jokingly say, because
they bite [I am referring to their thorns],but gradually I have changed my mind about roses,and I  now have three bushes in my garden. The reason being ,they have lovely flowers,one can say the allure of their flowers have
won me over. I know there are times they will still bite me but I love the
flowers, as I thought of the advert,naughty but nice,as regards eating cream cakes. Human nature is so often attracted to things that appear nice,and are blinded to the fact that the very thing we are attracted to will not only bite us,but actually destroy us,we could call such an attraction,fatal attraction.
We see the pleasure the thing gives us and are blind to the consequences,the word of God speaks of the pleasures of sin,yes adultery can give us pleasure
,but my, the consequences,to ourselves. Continually I am reading and hearing of people who are involved in perverse viewing on the Internet,
watching little children being abused.There are so many things that we  can become involved in, that can enslave us,yes attractive things,these
can blind ,and enslave us.It does not end there, for sin has not only consequences for time but also for eternity.The good news is Jesus forgives,and frees us when we trust Him as our Saviour,plus we are given
the free gift of eternal life.
                                            A  prayer.
Dear God we praise You for sending Jesus to save us,we ask that by your grace we may trust Him  Amen.

No comments: