verse of the day

Friday 26 June 2015

My desire. [John 12 v 24 ]

When I came to live in England I met a lady a Mrs Barber,she was a lovely
Christian.I was a minister and visited her for the first time over 30yrs ago,but I remember her quoting words from an old hymn,should I be carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease.She experienced a divorce from her unfaithful husband,and later on ,one her sons died,he was a young man.She had brought her four children up on her own,in later life she and one of her daughters returned to her native land, the West Indies.That must have been
about 12 years ago,and then I heard that she had died,I prayed for the family
Then to my surprise I met her daughter,from the West Indies,I spoke to her and she told me that two people where saved at her mothers funeral.I honour that dear lady,and I hope that when I die God will save people at my funeral.But it is also  a challenge and a reminder that we can live such a Godly life that it will speak to the unsaved even when we die,but I am not satisfied with that,I want,yes I want to see people been saved while I am still alive.
                                        A  prayer.
Dear God thank You for Mrs Barber a godly child of yours,and that at her funeral two people got saved.Lord help us to live ,such lives ,that even when we die,our lives will leave,a powerful witness,but we ask for more,we ask that while we still are living You will use us to be fishers of men,in your name Lord Jesus we ask this Amen.

No comments: