verse of the day

Thursday 16 August 2012

What God values. [ 1 Peter 1 v18-19]

In our country  a couple have just won £148 million on the lottery,the lady said it was a bit frightening, but challenging,I not surprised, it being a bit frightening. We live in times when ordinary people are becoming very rich, ordinary lads who can kick a leather football are becoming millionaires,people appear on the x-factor talent show,are suddenly propelled into fame and riches. I am still waiting for my ship to come in, although I must confess I dont dream of becomming rich, although recently something happened that made me realize that possessions may have a wrong  grip on my life.I have a comfortable life style,and I found myself thinking that I may loose my home comforts. Mybe we all need to look hard at our attitude as regards things,suicides have rocket in this country,in the wake of the economic downturn. I and my wife still work, I am 68 so, as I said we have a comfortable lifestyle, should one feel guilty, and start beating oneself up?.What is imporant is to not let your possession possess you, and to realize that our possessions can suddenly disappear.Let us remember that we should not be defined by our possessions. My worth comes not from my possessions, but who I am, a child of God,when He looks at us He does not take any notice,of what we are wearing, even though it may be a designer lable,or the lovely home we live in ,or the car,or cars we own,no , none of those things matter with our God, He values  us for ourselves. How much does He value us His children? here is the answer,/Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver or gold.......but with the precious blood of Christ.  [1 Peter 1 v 18-19 ],yes thats how much God values us His children.
A  prayer..../ Dear God so often we replace Your values with the worlds values, to often we loose sight of Calvary, forgive us in Jesus name . Amen /



No comments: