verse of the day

Saturday 11 August 2012

Keep me calm. [ Psalm 23 ]

 I was in my garden this morning and I noticed the gardeners enemy, the dreaded slug, I dont know much about them other than they eat my plants,and that they are slow moving creatures. I mentioned in an earlier blog how so many of us are rushing about,mybe like the slug we need to take things a bit slower, that our soul can catch up with us.I cannot stress enough how we all need to slow down and take time not so much to stop and stare, but to listen to God,and to just be renewed by the Holy Spirit.We so badly need to come out of His presence into each new day,mybe you are facing a challenging situation,and you are feeling overwhelmed,or there are deadlines you have to meet,what I am saying may not make sense, but you need to slow down,I didnt say come to a full  stop. In the word of God we are told God will meet our need [Phil v4v19 ],this does not only mean our financial needs , but all that we need.I have seen myself ,facing so many challenges,and my Lord has never failed me. Today have confidence in your God to undertake ,just bring Him into your situation,get alone with Him,and then rise up ,and dont be driven be led. The pressures of life can so easily drive us into the grave, or mad, and I joke not,so today slow down,enjoy this day, knowing that your loving heavenly Father is looking after all your affairs.
Let us make this our prayer today ./Calm me, my God,and keep me calm,
                                                          Soft resting on Thy breast,
                                                          Soothe me with holy hymn and psalm,
                                                            And bid my spirit rest.
                                                           Yes, keep me calm, though loud and rude,
                                                             The sounds my ear that greet
                                                             Calm in the closets solitude,
                                                             Calm in the bustling street.    In Jesus name we ask this Amen./
                                                         [Horatious  Bonan]

No comments: