verse of the day

Monday 20 August 2012

Preach Christ. [ Acts 17 v3 ]

I was preaching at my local church and after I had preached I was speaking to an ex member of the church,he and his wife had moved away, and   were just visiting., I asked him had he found a new fellowship ,were he now lives, he said he felt he had. In his search for a new church he had visited  a number of local fellowships, one he said was well attended,he  attended it for about 4 weeks, and in all that time he said ,they never mentioned Jesus ,they continually  mentioned the Holy Spirit, and ,then they said something that caused this brother and his wife to not attend there any more,they said if you did not speak in tounges you were not a Christian. As a trinitarian ,I believe in Father ,Son,and Holy Ghost,and I believe that we need the Holy Spirit,who dwells in every believer, and witnesses to fact that we are the children of God[[ cp Romans 8 v 9/16] In John 16 v13 we read that the Holy Spirit shall not speak of Himself, next says Jesus, He shall glorify me[ John 16v14],so beware of those who leave Christ out of their preaching, the great apostle declared ,/we preach Christ crucififed[1 Corinthians 1 v23 ].
A  prayer..../ Dear God help us by Your Holy Spirit ,to live for Christ, to follow Christ, and to proclaim Christ in Christs name we ask this Amen/

No comments: