verse of the day

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Not knowing[ Romans 8 v26 ]

Consider the words of Roman8 v26, were the apostle says,for we know not what we should pray for as we ought,now there are two  occasions in which ,the apostle found it difficult to know Gods will.cp Philippians 1 v23/ 2 Corinthians 12v 7-8/   W  Hendriksen in his commentary on Romans ,that Paul like us knew what to pray for in a general way,but not always what to pray for in any particular difficulty or situation. I have gone for situations in relation to Christian ministry,and have not been sure,that the position was for me,so I fell back upon the words of Psalm 47 v4 /He [God] shall choose our inheritance for us/ Healing is another aspect of prayer which I am never sure,it is not just a case of lack of faith,it is not just knowing what to pray. Two people I know of  have cancer, one is a young man in his twenties, the olther a man in his sixties,both are Christians ,what does one pray? ,oh yes I can pray that they may be given grace,peace, a conscious sense of the Lords presence, but for healing, I am not sure. I pray for many situations and people,for salvation, for God would have all men to be saved, I pray that God would supply peoples needs as He has  promised [Philippians 4 v19]. If Paul was humble enough to write that he was not sure what to pray for at times, then I need not feel guilty or condemned because I feel the same.
A  prayer..../Dear Heavenly Father we acknowledge our limatations even in prayer, help us to trust You with our not knowing,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: