verse of the day

Friday 10 August 2012

Wait upon the Lord. [ Isaish 40 v 31 ]

I must confess I am in a rush this morning ,I do get up early,so I have had my quite time,but I am trying to get out early for work,rush, rush,rush. Many of us wish we had more time, I do feel for mothers who work full time ,and also have to manage the children ,and the home,hopefully their husbands help them. Then what about those single mums,with no one to help them,my old mum was a single mum,she left my dad,and  had to manage the home,and a full time job,I wish I had helped her more.I suppose the thing I am trying to say is,we need to somehow , meet with our God. We need to spend time with Him, to come apart and rest a while,or we may end up coming apart. So today in all the rush of life stop, and pray,and read Gods word,we all need to. Speaking from a life time of experience,I have found that if I neglect my relationship with God, then my relationship with Him suffers,and I suffer.So in the words of that old hymn, /Take time to be holy, the world rushes on. Spend much time in secret with Jesus alone. By looking to Jesus, like Him thou shalt be. Thy friends in Thy conduct His likeness shall see[W D Longstaff]
A  Prayer..../ Dear God help us to wait in Your presence,in order that our strength will be renewed,so that we can cope with all the demands of life,in Jesus Amen /

No comments: