verse of the day

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Moods. [ 1 John 3 v 1-2]

We are all to some extent creatures of moods, I work among those who are mentally ill,and I see people who struggle with their moods, if only we could find a happy pill,but up till now it does not exsist. Everbody wants to be happy not just the mentally ill,the only thing is ,a state of undiluted happiness is impossible, even if we are Christians.The main reason is, we are still part of a fallen world,we are still affected by an imperfect mind ,body and circumstances,I do find it hard to sing the words of that old hymn ,which says now I am happy all the day. The fact of the matter is I am not happy all the day,yes some days I am happy,but I am happy that I am a Christian,that is something that never changes,nor ever will change.This is something that is not depended on my mood,yes I may not be able to honestly sing that I am happy all the day, but I am gloriously happy that Christ is my Saviour,and in the words of another old hymn,that means, it is well with my soul.
A  prayer..../Dear God we praise You that we can say it is well with our souls,it is not always well with many things,but we thank You that in Jesus we can trully rejoice. Amen /

No comments: