verse of the day

Tuesday 7 August 2012

The Jewel in the crown. [ Matthew 13 v 45-46]

I was wanting a new Bibleand  was finding it hard to get one I liked,I did get one from recently but I was not happy with it especially when the binding came apart. Not so long ago I invested in a leather bound study Bible, the study bible was grand, but the the same problem arose, the binding,was not good,so it came apart.I was visiting a friend recently and to my joy they had some spare Bibles ,and I was able to choose one.The Bible is so important to me,as I am sure it is to you,what would I do without the word of God,it is my daily bread,by it I am fed,instructed,guided,encouraged.I praise God for His word,and would dread to think,how I could live without it,I thank God for people like Tyndale who translated the Bible into English.. By this word we have been made wise unto salvation[2 Timothy 3 v15],and by that word I have been able to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.The Psalmist declared that the Word of God was a lamp unto his feet , and a light unto his path[Psalm 119v105],as the hymn writer puts it,/Thy word,O Lord ,will safely lead.So today thank God for His word, that word as E Hooper puts it,is like a deep, deep mine,of jewels ,rich and rare,and the Jewel in the crown is none other than Christ.
A  prayer..../ Dear God  we give You thanks for Your word,grant that we may always treasure it,help us to read it,mediatate upon it, and to live it, in Jesus name Amen./

No comments: