verse of the day

Sunday 1 July 2012

Integrity [Nehemiah 5 v 14 ff]




One of  the men I admire in the Bible is Nehemiah, one of his godly characteristics was his integrity ,cp chapter 5 v14ff,the more we hear of the modern day bankers we see how this qaulity is missing. Recently I purchased a second hand car ,and with it I was given a 3 month warrenty.I soon discovered there was a fault with the ,the car dealer told me to get in touch with the warranty people,now the point is this ,because the fault was in the car when I bought it, the warrinty was invalid.The garage that was going to fix it where charging me over 600 pounds to put the fault right,they phoned the warranty people who gave the ok to go ahead,but where not informed by them that the fault was in the car when I bought it. So I was faced with a decision to let the warranty people pay the bill or, well I went back to the people I bought it, got no joy,in essence they are responsible  to put the problem right. So although I could have let the warranty pay, I decided I should pay it. Integrity is important for all of us especially if we are Christians, it is easy to give in to the spirit of the age,but we must trust in God and do the right thing.
A prayer..../ Help us to be people of integrity in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: