verse of the day

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Run to Him. [ Psalm 121 ]

Proverbs 18 v10./The  name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runneth into it and is safe/Names  have meanings, Gods name has a meaning,in the NT we are told to ask in Jesus name,whats in a name?often a name reveals the character of that person, be it good or bad.So what does Gods name conjure up?,a protector ,Psalm 50v15 reads,/And call upom me in the day of trouble, I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Whats in a name Gods name?a place of saftey c p.....  Psalm 4 v8 I will lay me down in peace, and sleep, for thou Lord, only makest me dwell in saftey./. Whats in a name Gods name?a place of security , Psalm 27 v1 The Lord is my light and my salvation,whom shall I fear?the Lord is the strength of my life, whom shall I be afraid, the answer to that question is no one.The righteous run into it and is safe,we note two things in these words , what we are being told is very simple  these word are spoken to those who have put their faith in Jesus , He is the only way to God [John 14 v6 ].Next we see that they must run to to God, run ,not dilly ,dally all the way,if we are to be safe then we must be urgent,how often Israel sought false gods, to their destruction.But when we run to the Lord, we are guaranteed a place of saftey, a place of deliverance. W.O. Cushing wrote../How oft in the conflict,when pressed by the foe,I have fled to my refuge, and breathed out my woe. How often when trials like sea billows roll. Have I hidden in Thee ,O Thou Rock of my soul/
A   prayer...../ Dear God in our difficulties help us to run to You ,not from You,help us to make You our first port of call in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: