verse of the day

Sunday 15 July 2012

Prayer, we need to go deeper. [ Matthew 6 v 5 -15 ]

Our daugther in law failed her driving test yesterday,this is the second time,now I am not writing this to make her feel bad,so why  mention it?.The reason I am writing about it,is to highlight the fact that my wife and I both prayed that she would pass her test,but she didnt. Why is a question we will all ask I am sure,in relation to  prayer,we are told ,ask and it shall be given unto you,we are told God answers our prayers.Do we just brush this question under the mat?why was this prayer not answered?,now of course my daughter in law must have prayed,my son must have prayed, so why did she fail? Now as I write this blog I am listening to Christian radio, I hear the words being sung,/Open the eyes of my heart Lord//and it seems to me that we need to go deeper ,than our natural understanding, especially when it comes to prayer.We need to not lean upon our own understanding[Proverbs 3v5], we need to go deeper,in all things, especially as I have stressed in relation to prayer. Prayer is not just a yes or no exercise, it is not just putting a coin in a machine and getting a coffee,for sometimes we dont get coffee. Prayer is part of our relationship with a loving heavenly Father, through Jesus,it is not just a one way street relationship.When my children come to me and ask, for advice or whatever, I listen and I consider what is the best answer,the best way to help.So it is with God when we come to Him, with a request,He may not grant our request because it is lacking in faith,we may have sin in our lives,we may need patience, we may be asking with wrong motives,we may not be praying according to His will, our faith needs refining.
A prayer..../ Loving heavenly Father we ask that You would open the eyes of our heart in relation to prayer, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: