verse of the day

Monday 16 July 2012

Fighting, finishing,and keeping the faith. [ 2 Timothy 4 v 7-8 ]

My oldest boy completed a bike ride of over 50 miles yesterday,along with about 2ooo others, my wife and I were at the finish ride, it was a charity event.He and a few friends had been training ,if you are going to take on some challenge, usually it is advisable to prepare. At the end of this month the olympics will be taking place in this country mainly in London,I will not be attending any of the events, but I will watch some of it on TV.Of course it was the Greeks who started it all.The apostle Paul  refers to sport in his writings, and in writing to young Timothy, knowing that his end was near,and this is what he wrote. /I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith[2 Timothy 4 v 7 ]. In these words we see the challenge of being a Christian,he fought a good fight,one just has to read his letters to appreciate what he had to contend with,like him we are in a war zone,let us fight a good fight.Next he writes on finishing his course,my greatest desire is to finish,not to be a drop out, I want my heavenly father to be at the finish line,and to greet me with a big welcome home hug.Next he declares I have kept the faith,in other words he was faithful to Jesus,yes faithful to Jesus,God grant us the grace we need to be faithful to Jesus, and not be drawn away from Him.
A  prayer..../Dear God grant us the grace we need ,to fight, to finish, and to keep the faith,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: