verse of the day

Wednesday 25 July 2012

An affair of the heart[John 21 v 15-17]

Proverbs 23 v26..../My son, give me thine heart,and let thine eyes observe my ways/ I remember hearing a preacher telling how those words,/My son give me thine heart/,spoke into his heart, and he surrendered his life to Christ. It is Charles Bridges who writes./ Many are the claimants for the heart. Heaven and hell contend fot it. The world with its riches, honours,and pleasures, and science with its more plausible charmes,cries , give me thine heart./The question is who or what has our heart? our Saviour was asked, what is the greatest commandment?and He replied,/Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul,and with all thy mind[ Matthew 22v37] The non Christian knows nothing about this,for this goes further than,doing our best,it goes further than legalism,it is surrendering our heart to Jesus,and in that ,we forsake all lesser things.Jesus asked Peter, the failure,three times ,/Do you love Me? /[John 21 v15-17 ] ,the question is how many more times does He need to ask you this question ,before you respond?
 A   prayer...../Dear Lord Jesus today I  give You my heart,I forsake all other lesser things, I confess that I love You Amen/

No comments: