verse of the day

Thursday 5 July 2012

If God be for us. [ Romans 8 v 31-39 ]

Let us consider words from Psalm 124v1-2/If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, now may Israel say. If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when men rose up against us/ consider these words in relation to your experience, as I relate it to mine.How have we come this far?, how have we overcome all the difficulties in life?,how have we got through when everything was against us?. Saved from drowning when I was a boy,passed my driving test after only 10 lessons,who made a way for me when every door was shut?,who stood by me when my dear wife died?,who has helped me in my ministry,who enabled me to get my present job,which I have worked in for 20years?, and so I could go on,as indeed every child of God could.If it had not  been the Lord none of these things would have happened,William Plumer wrote,/We cannot too often  remember that none but God can save us from sin, or foes, or perils, and that He can certainly do for us all that our case requires. He that has  God for His friend and portion lacks nothing whatever.........If the safety of the righteous depended on appearances,or on their inherent energies , or the weakness or fewness of their adversaries, they would all perish/ What shall we then say to these things? if  God be for us, who can be against us [ Romans 8 v 31 ]
A  prayer..../ Thank You dear Lord for all You have done for us, when no one stood with us You did, when all human resources where exhausted then You  met the our deep need, great has been Your faithfulness, in Jesus name we thank You Amen /

No comments: