verse of the day

Saturday 23 June 2012

Sensitive. [ Hebrews 3 v15 ]

I wonder how sensitive you are, I wonder what my wife would anwer if I asked her, I like to think that I have a reasonable degree of sensitivity.But here is a very important question, how sensitive am I to the Holy Spirits prompting ?, I feel it would be profitable to explore this theme ,in Galations 5 we have a number of things said about the Spirit,the fruit of the Spirit.living in the Spirit, walking in the Spirit [v 22./25]in  chapter 6 v 8 we read of sowing to the Spirit. Consider first the fruit of the Spirit, love,joy,peace ,longsuffering,gentleness,goodness,faith,meekness, temperance. If  we are lacking in these things,let us ask ourselves the question why?.Our Saviour taught that we should bear fruit[ John 15 ] the question again is, are we bearing fruit? have we become desensitized by the spirit of the world?,or by our unwillingness,to change, our unwillingness to respond to the Spirits prompting. Consider that list, look at it,pray over it and quietly wait, for the Spirits prompting, and them yield yourself to Him unreservedly.
 A  prayer....../Dear Father God, we confess  our fruitlessness, our inconsistencies,caused by our lack of sensitivity to the Spirits presence in our lives,help us to see that nothing will change if we are not willing to be willing, in Jesus name. Amen/
/  I will be on holiday and will return to my blog Sunday 1st of July, every blessing/

No comments: