verse of the day

Saturday 2 June 2012

Walking uprightly. [Romans 14 v23 ]

Verse 2 of Psalm 15 ,reads ,/He that walketh uprightly/, the walk of the Christian is very important,it was said of Enoch that he walked with God[Hebrews 11v5 ], and if we are a Christian,we are walking with God.The first thing we see  about Enochs walk ,it was a walk of faith,from the moment we are born again by the Spirit of God,we are called to walk by faith,, in fact we are told , whatsoever is not of faith is sin[ Romans 14v23 ].When I was a young lad I trusted the Saviour,now where I lived it was considered wrong by many Christians to attend places of entertainment, but I Ioved the cinema,still do,but I felt at that time it was wrong for me to continue going to such places,but there was a moment when I went against what I believed was wrong,and went back to attending the cinema. I believe I committed a sin,and this drew me away from the Lord for many years,the point is not about the cinema,or whatever,the point is as NLT puts it,I was doing something I didnt believe was right,so I was sinning.The mark of a man of God is Faith,if we deviate from that path, we are sinning, and God will not be pleased with us.
A  prayer....../ Dear God help us to see that we are called to walk by faith, that when we fail in this we fail,to please You, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: