verse of the day

Wednesday 14 March 2012

She became a Christian. [ Ephesians 2 v11 - 22 ]

When Naomi and her family left Israel they went to live in the of Moab ,her husband died, and her two sons married girls called Orpah and Ruth. Should they have married these two non Israeli girls?, the scripture is silent on this particular case, it is better for a believer to marry a believer. After 10 years ,the two boys died,and Naomi was left with no means of support,and just at that time she hears that things are better in Israel,again this was not a chance happening. So she decides to return home, but what about her two daughter in laws?,she could not provide for them,they were non Israelites,better it seemed that they went back to their own people. So Naomi puts it to them,it is a time of deep emotion for these women,but one of these women Ruth,was determined not to leave Naomi, here is what she said to her./Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee, for whither thou goest, I will go, and where thou lodgest, I will lodge, thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest,will I die, and there I will be buried, the Lord do so to me and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.[1 v 16-17 ]/ This girl Ruth loved her mother in law [ it is not always so ]and it seems to she had embraced her mother in laws faith. This gentile woman would no longer be an alien from the commonwealth of Israel , no longer a stranger fron the convenants of promise,having no hope, and without God in the world,bringing it into New Testament time,she had become a Christian.
A prayer..../Dear God we thank You for the grace that brought Ruth to yourself,for using Naomi dear God use me in the glorious task of soul winning ,for the sake of our dear Saviour we ask this Amen./

No comments: